Mary Meeker, the influential KPCB analyst, has released her annual state of the web report.
The fantastic 164-slide presentation displays what Meeker sees as the biggest digital trends in web and mobile.
The report was released at the Code conference yesterday morning, and covers where the industry currently is, and where it is heading in the future.
Some highlights of the report are:
- Tinder has seen 800m swipes, which has increased 21x year-on-year.
- There are an estimated 5m Bitcoin wallets
- Mobile data traffic is up 81% year-over-year
- Video streaming accounts for over 20% of all mobile data
- 1.8bn photos were shared every day in 2013.
- Mobile ad growth is up 47%. Meeker sees this as hugely undervalued – mobile ads account for 20% of user time spent, but just 4% of advertising spending. This is compared to 6% of time spent for print, which takes 23% of total ad budget.
- In 2013, 9/10 of the biggest web properties by traffic were from the US. In 2014, this is 6/10 – with Chinese-based companies Alibaba, Tencent and Sohu joining the list.
- Meeker also doesn’t believe we are heading for the bubble that many have predicted.
See the full report below, or open it as a PDF here.