Dating Profile Of Jon Venables Deleted Following Exposé

stockmobile

Last week it was reported that Jon Venables, who was jailed for killing toddler James Bulger, was using a popular online dating site to meet women.

The investigation by the Sunday Mirror said Venables was a member of a subscription dating site which lets you exchange messages and photos, along with short video clips.

However the Mirror have now said the profile has been deleted, and “all traces of its existence have been erased.”

Investigative journalist Mark Williams-Thomas, who aided the Mirror in their investigation, said the removal was evidence that Venables was not permitted to use such sites:

“Venables took his two profiles down within hours of our exposé, which just reinforced that he was clearly not allowed to be using the internet in the manner that he was.

“Venables needs to be issued with a sex offenders’ prevention order with internet restrictions which, when he breaks, will mean he is recalled back to jail.”

The Mirror are not allowed to name his new identity, or the dating site, because of court restrictions.

Venables was given a new identity in 2001, when he was released from prison after eight years for the murder of two-year-old James Bulger.