HowAboutWe are looking for a Senior Rails Engineer, as they look to expand their team.
The Brooklyn-based site was sold to Match Group earlier in the year, but since then they have been fairly quiet on new developments.
However they are now recruiting an “expert, performance-minded Rails developer who can help us take our sites to the next level in terms of scaling, speed and algorithmic optimization.”
The job is based in DUMBO, and these are the skills required:
– 3+ years of RoR development, preferably in a high-traffic environment
– Serious (but pragmatic) about TDD, and refactor aggressively.
– Aware of performance trade-offs and write efficient, scalable code.
– Familiar with a range of modern data stores/systems (we use MySQL, Redis, Memcache)
– Full-stack or back-end developer.
– Ok with pair-programming on larger stories, and rotating between projects.
– Open to performing code reviews in a structured format, and having your code reviewed as well.
– Think independently and love sharing your own technical solutions with others.
– Smart, with CompSci degree or equivalent