Chispa, the Match Group dating platform supporting Latine singles, has launched an advocacy council. Made up of representatives from various industries, the council will provide insights on issues affecting the Latine community.
As part of the dating platform’s commitment to creating a safe space for Latine singles, the council will help the brand to better understand the issues affecting US-based members of this community.
The council is set to meet regularly to discuss issues, sharing insights, and help Chispa create initiatives around key areas such as mental health, finances, education, immigration, equality, politics, and more, the dating platform shared.
The council’s members are:
- Beatriz Acevedo, a Latina entrepreneur and founder of a FinTech company that focuses on financial inclusion among young US Latinos.
- Elsa Collins, the founder of organisations encouraging political participation, and the raising of awareness for families affected by issues relating to the US/Mexico border.
- Christen Nino De Guzman, A business founder with experience working with top content creators across various social media platforms.
- Dr. Jake Beniflah, the Executive Director of the Center for Multicultural Science, which looks at multicultural marketing research. Expert in developing economic indicators for a multicultural USA.
- Sara Mora, founder of a think tank initiative that’s focused on ensuring storytelling tools are accessible to activists. Leader in areas such as education equality, language accessibility, and migrant rights.
“Chispa is committed to creating a safe and inclusive space for all Latine singles, and our new Advocacy Council is a significant step in that direction,” said Julia Estacolchic, Chispa’s Head of Brand and Marketing.
“We believe that the Council’s guidance and insight will help us better understand and address the issues affecting all US Latines, so that Chispa can make an impact on our community. We are excited to work with these accomplished leaders to make a difference”, she added.
Chispa is the largest dating app made for US Latinos, with over 7 million downloads so far. It was created in 2017 by the Match Group and is available both in Spanish and English.