Match Group has announced its financial results for the fourth quarter of 2021.
Some of the highlights from the results were:
- Total Revenue grew 24% over the prior year quarter to $806 million.
- Operating income was $232 million, an increase of 9% over the prior year quarter representing an operating margin of 29%.
- Adjusted Operating Income was $290 million, an increase of 18% over the prior year quarter representing an Adjusted Operating Income margin of 36%.
- Payers increased 15% to 16.2 million, up from 14.2 million in the prior year quarter.
- RPP increased 8% over the prior year quarter to $16.16.
Tinder’s Direct Revenue grew by 23% over the prior year quarter driven by 18% Payers growth to 10.6 million and RPP growth of 4%. All Other Brands collectively grew Direct Revenue 26% year-over-year, driven by 16% RPP growth and 9% Payers growth to 5.7 million. Full year 2021 operating cash flow and free cash flow were $912 million and $833 million, respectively.
Shar Dubey, CEO of The Match Group, and Gary Swidler, COO and CFO of The Match Group, said in a letter to shareholders: “We’re very pleased with the way our businesses and our teams performed in 2021, as we continued to innovate on marketing and products and to bring joy to millions of users around the world looking for connections. We doubled down on our investment in safety, worked with a number of governments on COVID education and won several “Best Places to Work” awards. And our brands continued to deliver great financial results, with Total Revenue growing over 20% both in the fourth quarter and for the full year in 2021.”
Read the full Letter To Investors here.