GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Wonder: Find Wonder’ful people that like the same activities you do! – After matching, singles can schedule a date doing an activity they both love and sync it to their calendar.
- Coupler: Double dating for the 21st century – People in relationships can find and interact with other couples who share their interests.
- NEO TO DEVELOP THE WORLD’S FIRST BLOCKCHAIN-BASED GIRLFRIEND – The objective of the game is open-ended and users are encouraged to form a romantic experience with the Luna character.
- Profile Pimpers: The world’s leading online dating profile writing service – This service will critique member’s dating profiles and provide help with writing a bio, photo-selection and messaging.
- Chicago Company Launches New Android App For Fake Numbers – Dollar Digits helps consumers maintain their privacy by enabling them to make calls and send texts with a fake number.
- Brooklyn Entrepreneur Turns Dating Mishap Into World’s First Event-Based Dating App – Swoonbox integrates TicketMaster, TicketNetwork, Spotify, and Fandango to help users organise first dates at live entertainment events.
- Two mums launch a new dating service which doesn’t ask you to ‘swipe right’ – Socialise! is a modern approach to traditional dating and gathers singles from the app at organised speed dating events.