GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- New Dating Site Lets You Pick Partner Based On Smell – Smell Dating requires users to wear a shirt without deodorant for three days so samples can be sent to potential partners.
- This New Dating App Makes People ‘Apply’ For A Date With You – Singles on Glaries record ten-second application videos to convince the other person that they should go on a date together.
- Truffls Creates App That Lets You Swipe For The Right Job – Users get shown a deck full of job-specs and swipe left or right depending on if they’re interested.
- New styling app Mada wants to be Tinder for shopping – Artificial intelligence technology helps Mada gain more of an understanding of a user’s fashion sense when they swipe on the clothes they like.
- An Ex-Mormon Dating App Supports dating for like-minded users with the same new found beliefs – NEW is a dating app for those whose beliefs have changed and understand the complexities of moving away from the LDS Church.
- ‘One match, one date:’ Ottawa-based dating app pushes in-person dates – Wandure makes matches and schedules a first date based on interests, availability and budget.