GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Lylt: Voice First Dating – This invite-only dating app helps singles save time by getting rid of swiping and letting them have clear conversations right away.
- Safe Date: No Predators, No Victims – All Safe Date users will be required to undergo a rigorous vetting process during the registration stage, which should prevent bad actors from getting onto the platform.
- Lesbian Island: Free Lesbian Dating – A free dating platform for women seeking same-sex relationships which also consists of livestreaming capabilities.
- Teleport: Stop Swiping, Start Dating – Singles go on five virtual speed dates in half an hour, but are still connected to others in their city to improve the chances of a long-term offline relationship.
- Meet7: The UnSingle App – A video speed dating app for Indian singles sets up seven-minute long dates and also lets them have extra one-on-one calls to make sure they’re compatible.