GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- The Pacific Islander Dating App Launches Kickstarter Campaign – Mango is aiming to raise $29,000 to help achieve its goal of launching in March 2020.
- The Chinese startup taking photoshop out of the dating game – Users are matched based on shared values and interests, instead of personal information and potentially edited images.
- The Eristica App Allows Fun-Loving Couples to Challenge Each Other Through Video Dares – Users earn in-app currency by meeting new people and recording themselves completing dares set by strangers.
- Tinder, except for solar and sheep – The American Solar Grazing Association is seeking to connect local, available sheep with solar power farms, and are building a website to make it happen more efficiently.
- UrSafe Announces “Follow Me,” the Only Geo-location Feature Fully Integrated Into Hands-Free, Voice-Activated Personal Safety App – UrSafe identifies users’ specific locations and follows their movement in case they get into trouble.