GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Friend-matching app ‘Berri’ made by Penn students launches at all Ivy League schools – The social app was first launched in September and is already used by 3,000 unique members at several universities across the US.
- Catch-Up: New dating app set to launch in Perth – As well as connecting singles, Catch-Up also lets couples and families know about what is happening at their local entertainment venues.
- Voicebar: Never Swipe Again – Users are set up on curated blind phone dates to skip the purgatory of text messages and instead maximise their time getting to know new people.
- Genie: Never Miss An Opportunity To Fall In Love – Genie uses Bluetooth technology to let users know who is nearby, giving them a chance to connect in that moment or at a later date.
- Lasting: Be happier and reduce conflict in your relationship – A couples therapy program that is easy to access and gives people a chance to resolve issues in their relationship without shelling out significant fees.