GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Rendezvous Dating: Catch Your Vibe – Matches can suggest nearby date locations to each other as well giving feedback on the other person’s reliability.
- ShazzleChat: Peer-to-Peer Chat. True Privacy. Finally – Users can send messages on their own private network knowing that they won’t be stored on a server.
- GOATdate Herds Locked Down Love Seekers With Chemistry In Mind – The video-first dating app requires all users to undergo security verification to eliminate the possibility of catfishing.
- TerpMatch might be returning for the end of the semester, after students ask for re-launch – The dating app for students at the University of Maryland was first launched in December 2019.
- Qlove: Quizzing and dating combined – Users set up their own personality quizzes and only make matches if they achieve a pass mark on other people’s.