GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Iris: Your Personal AI For Dating – Iris is currently only available in New York City and helps daters understand what physical characteristics they find most attractive.
- ‘Tinder For Trading’: Beaxy Intros Swipe-To-Trade App – Trender will take the research, learning, and technical analysis of traditional finance, and reduce it to an easy-to-digest piece of actionable content with a simple swipe right.
- Vangst Creates The ‘Bumble’ of Cannabis Job Hunting – The company launched a new talent matching feature that puts the “first move” in the hands of the cannabis job seeker.
- New website Therapeasy looks to be ‘eharmony for therapists’ – Therapeasy uses a questionnaire-based system to partner users with compatible therapists.
- A ‘Tinder for Songwriters’ App Is Thriving in Quarantine – ‘We Should Write Sometime’ uses swipe-right technology and geotagging to pair up compatible songwriters.