- Once CMO Eva Peris Speaks About The French Startup’s Human Take On Online Dating – We recently visited Once’s offices at Exmouth House, London, to chat with CMO Eva Peris about the company’s human approach to online dating and the growth it saw in 2016.
- Tinder Hits 1.7m Paying Subscribers As Match Group Announces Princeton Review Sale In Q4 Results – In the fourth quarter financial report, the Match Group revealed its revenue and subscriber count continued to see strong double digit growth.
- Paktor Launches In South Korea As Swipe – The relaunch comes after a period of market research, having opened a new office in Seoul and hiring locally to help refine the product and grow the business.
- Tinder Partners With Facebook To Bring Programmatic Ads To Dating Platform – The company announced it had partnered with Facebook’s Audience Network to let advertisers buy and place ads on the dating product.
- Uber Files Patent To Add Social Aspect To UberPool – The proposed feature would then tell you about any common information you might have with someone who wanted to share a ride on UberPool.
- New Dating App Hater Matches Singles Over Things They Both Dislike – Unlike most dating apps, Hater works by matching singles based on the things they dislike, whether Donald Trump or paying extra for guacamole.
- Indian Dating Brand Woo Acquires LA Mobile App DUS As Part Of ‘Major Global Push’ – The move sees Woo, which was founded in 2014 and has been downloaded 4m times, looking to expand into the US market as part of a “major global push”.
- Dutch Zoo Is Testing Tinder-Style Matching With An Orangutans – Staff at Apenheul primate park in Apeldoorn will use a touchscreen tablet to show a female orangutan called Samboja images of possible mates.
- Matchmaking Bot Foxsy Named Best Social Chatbot Of 2016 By ChatBottle Awards – Foxsy is a matchmaking chatbot for Facebook Messenger that assists people in finding “a beautiful and meaningful connection with the right person.”
- Bumble Is Giving Planned Parenthood $50,000 Following Recent Fundraising Efforts – Female-focused dating app Bumble is giving an incredible $50,000 to Planned Parenthood, after recent fundraising efforts.
To get updates on all the most important dating news, sign up to our weekly newsletters below: