GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- ErisDating.com Improves Its App and Adds New Features to Help Users Find International Love – Eris recently updated its video chat and translation tools so users can exchange messages from anywhere and even hear a potential match’s accent.
- AngelReturn.com: A Free Dating Platform With Video Chat and More Enhanced Features – Members use video chat, webcam messaging and virtual gifts to quickly get to know a potential date personally before getting serious.
- Date Out app allows couples to select from a wide range of fun things to do in Singapore – It features creative date ideas, unique gift exchanges, romantic gifts and more, enabling couples to strengthen their bond.
- Finally, there’s a dating app in the works for LGBTQ Christians (yes, really) – Believr is a social app that aims to help queer Christians form lasting relationships by uncovering their personal values.
- ChristianCafe.com Connects Faith-Oriented Singles With Others Who Share Their Values for Love and Marriage – ChristianCafe connects singles with others of shared faith.
- The Crowd: A mobile ‘dating’ app for university entrepreneurs and investors – Budding entrepreneurs submit 60-second pitch videos, which investors watch and can then swipe right if they are interested.