GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Ugly Schmucks: For those who prefer genuine personality over outer appearance – The ugly dating site is for people who feel unattractive or uncomfortable in their own skin.
- Hit Chinese Dating Game To Be Adapted Into Japanese Anime – Evol LoveR was particularly popular with young female gamers and will now be made into an animated television series.
- Plum Dating Launches To Solve For Pervasive Sexual Harassment On Dating Apps – Women can confidentially rate men after they’ve had a conversation using a star system.
- SwingFree: Spice up your sex life today – SwingFree.co.uk is committed to providing a safe environment where genuine swingers can meet like minded people.
- Why a ‘Polygamy Dating App’ Is Stirring Controversy in Indonesia – Ayo Poligami, which loosely translates to ‘Let’s go polygamy’ aims to encourage Indonesian men to look for a total of four wives.
- Coupling Up: Say hello to date night: The new dating website uses promotional phrases from popular reality television show Love Island, but has no official links.