GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Alumnus creates USC-exclusive dating app – Dating Trojans connects students and alumni from the University of Southern California to form professional, personal and romantic relationships.
- New Tinder-style lettings app Badi claims it can use AI to match like-minded people – The flatmate-matching app has almost 100,000 users after its initial release in London.
- New Sober App, Loosid, Launches in New York City – Loosid brings together people who are in recovery, battling addiction or live in sobriety as part of a healthy lifestyle.
- Crush: Guys Make the First Move, Ladies Have the Final Choice! – After matching, the woman sets a question for the man answer and if she likes the answer the conversation can begin.
- Finding the Perfect Tall Partner Made Easy with Online dating at Tall Singles – Tall Singles found success in the UK market and has now launched in the US for people who struggle to date because of their height.
- Interracialmatch.com Makes True the Dream of Interracial Dating – This site is an ideal place for singles who want an online community that is dedicated to encouraging and arranging interracial relationships.
- Phresh: Meet Real People, Make Real Connections – Phresh combines social media with online dating by suggesting its users update their profile pictures every 24 hour.