GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Kaimzz: Relation Matters – The app ensures matches are compatible with each other by virtually placing them in different dating scenarios to see how they would react.
- Quarantine Together: Get close even when you can’t be close – Users are helped to combat isolation by getting one match every evening for text conversations and video calls.
- Project brings New York singles together through blind video speed-dating – The project called ‘NYC Virtual Dating: Catch Feelings, Not COVID’ pairs residents for 15 minute video and audio calls.
- Speed Dater: UK’s Favourite Singles Events Site for Speed Dating – The company usually hosts offline events but has now moved to virtual dating during the current coronavirus outbreak.
- Simply Dating: Meet Beautiful Russian and Ukrainian Women – This site lets people meet matches all over the world without leaving their home.