GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Backgroundchecklookup.com Announces Criminal Records and Arrest Records Lookup Tools – This background check service helps online daters learn more about the person they’re talking to and find out if they have been arrested in the past.
- App that cancels subscriptions launches in UK – Free Trial Surfing uses a specially developed algorithm to automatically cancel direct debits when a free trial finishes.
- The Round: Match, Plan, Meet – After choosing a time and location, singles join the daily round to match with other users that are available for a date at the same time.
- Inside Dallas-based Pairr, the ‘Dating App for Brands’ That Directly Connects Consumers With Companies – The live experience platform connects consumers with invitation-only experiential marketing events.
- iagegap: Love is Love – This new dating app will only set people up on a date if they have an age gap of at least five years.