Last week, Grindr revealed the winners of this year’s Best of 2017 Grindr Awards.
Over 15,000 users from around the world voted on everything from music, fashion, art, politics and more.
Grindr users were surveyed between 13th – 18th December 2017 to cast their votes.
The app’s Vice President of Marketing, Peter Sloterdyk said: “LGBTQ people have always played an important role as tastemakers in entertainment, music, popular culture, politics, fashion and art. 2017 has been no exception with the incredible number of LGBTQ individuals, icons, and characters making headlines and storylines.
Despite the administration actively rolling back LGBTQ rights, this year we saw amazing wins such as the election of our nation’s first openly transgender state senator, Danica Roem. Our users were also incredibly supportive of the bravery of every woman who stood up to sexual harassment. That’s why our hero of 2017 is every woman who shared their story with #metoo.”
The winners of Grindr’s Best of 2017 Awards are:
- Best Ally of 2017: Parents of trans kids fighting for rights
- Heroes of 2017: Every woman who posted #metoo
- Best Music Video: P!nk, “Beautiful Trauma”
- Best Concert Performance: Katy Perry, World Tour
- Relationship Goals: Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- Best Sports Moments: Celine Dion baseball Twitter account @TitanicBaseball
- Best Menswear Brand: Raf Simons for Calvin Klein
- Must Watch Film: Get Out
- Best Art Exhibition: Art AIDS America, Chicago, Alphawood Gallery
- Best Podcast: RuPaul’s What’s The Tee?
- Best Television Series: Stranger Things
- Biggest Troll: Donald Trump
The awards come as part of Grindr’s effort to expand into the wider LGBTQ community via online media. It’s lifestyle magazine INTO has enjoyed meteoric success since launching in 2017, and new partnerships on that platform are helping to expand its reach further going in to the new year.