happn to Pay for Any Royal Wedding Inspired Marriages

Paris-based dating app happn is celebrating the marriage of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle by offering to contribute towards the wedding of any UK couple who matches on the day.

happn users who Crush with another user on Saturday 19th May should send a screenshot of the match to by 26th May 2018.

The first contestant to notify happn between 19th May, 2019 and 20th May, 2020 that they intend to marry will be eligible for the prize, subject to proof of ID.

Contestants may submit multiple screenshots of people they matched with on the day.

Winners will receive a maximum prize of £10,000, around 80% of which is to be spent on outfits for the bride and groom. The remaining 20% is to be spent on wedding decorations.

happn will be entitled to attend the wedding ceremony and party, and use images and testimonials from the event for promotional purposes.

The promotion will give users “their very own Royal wedding!”, says happn.

GDI recently interviewed Claire Certain, Head of Trends at happn, on the topics of modern dating and user privacy.

Read more here.

Scott Harvey

Scott is the Editor of Global Dating Insights. Raised in Dorset, he holds a BA from The University of Nottingham and an MSc from Lund University School of Economics and Management. Previously he has written about politics, economics and technology for various online publications.

Global Dating Insights is part of the Industry Insights Group. Registered in the UK. Company No: 14395769