Push Notifications Rolled Out On iOS To UK Grindr Users

Grindr Into

A new product update from Grindr has been rolled out on iOS across the UK.

Previously, only premium members of the gay dating app received a push notification when someone messaged them on the app.

Now, all iOS users across the UK will get a push notification when they receive a message on the platform.

Members of Grindr can obviously disable push notifications, should they wish to.

The feature has also been rolled out in a few countries across Europe.

A spokesperson from Grindr told PinkNews: “We can confirm push notifications have been made available to all users in the U.K.

“No other changes have been made at this time.”

In May, it was announced that Grindr would be bought out by Chinese gaming company Beijing Kunlun Tech.

The company bought a 61.5% stake in Grindr for $93m in January 2016, and is now completing the purchase, buying the remaining 38.5% for $152m.

Read more here.