GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Austin Dating App Will Set Up Dinner and Choose a Restaurant for You – Dindr is an app that encourages people to get off their phones and meet in person that night. It will go live in Austin on Friday, January 26.
- Malaysia-based dating platform draws over 20,000 wannabe Singapore sugar daddies, babies – It has attracted more than 20,000 signups from users within a year of its launch, and is looking to recruit even more “sugar babies” in Singapore through promotions targeting undergraduates.
- New UCLA-exclusive dating website brings Bruins closer together – BruinMeet, which launched in November, helps UCLA students set up in-person meetings with other Bruins. It has about 400 users.
- Invite and Meet, The Unique Activity-based Dating App: Interview – Invite and Meet is a dating app specifically designed to encourage users to get out and date in the real world. The Sociable spoke with Stéphane Lang-Willar, the Co-Founder & CEO.
- Venue brings activity-based matching to Dayton – Venue trades endless swiping of faces in favour of a method that instantly connects daters with people who have the same interests as them. Users start by picking local activities that sound fun to them.
- Swipe right for legal advice? New lawyer-finding app takes a cue from Tinder – Legal Services Link uses the same matching process you’d commonly find in a dating app, but applies it to the task of pairing up lawyers and clients for the perfect match.