GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- These UM Students Built An App To “Connect Uni Students” & No, It’s Not Just For Dating – UniChat is a verified student-only platform where university students can connect with each other from all over Malaysia.
- Telecel Quietly Introduced A Dating Service Some Months Ago. But It’s A Good Idea That’s Being Poorly Executed – The platform is not accessed through a mobile app but through an interactive voice response.
- Christian Dating Community Welcomes Safeteria App – The app has been tested on social networks and Christian dating sites, and was able to successfully identify potentially fake profiles.
- Attrct: Match, Post Stories, Date – The new app that allows users to create Instagram-style Stories has begun beta testing.
- A Bracelet for People Who Are Tired of Dating Apps – Offline Movement silicon wristbands will show the world that a wearer is single and would like to be approached.