GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- LGBT Media Inc. Announces Crowdfunding Campaign and Support From Atari® for Social App LGBTQutie – The crowdfunding campaign will provide a unique opportunity for anyone to invest in and help expand LGBTQutie.
- App could change what it means to start a family – Just a Baby has been compared to Tinder, an online dating app. People can swipe, accept, and connect with a possible donor.
- Meet Trov, the Tinder-like insurance app aimed at millennials and the mobile dating generation – The idea came from thinking about how to capture the information on the things that people own.
- New Dating App For Dog Lovers Launches In Orlando – The co-founder started the company with her sister who was dating someone that wasn’t a dog lover like herself.
- CrayRate.com Promises to Take the “Game” Out of Dating With its Free Online Date Rating Social Website Event – CrayRate is designed to separate real “contenders” from online “pretenders” before meeting. And promises to forever change the online dating “game.”
- The Popular Herpes Dating App MPWH Has Its Brand New Android App On Live Now – The app is built to increase user experience over all, the information and assistance rendered remains the same.
- This Dating Service is Helping Gay and Lesbian Farmers Find their Dream Partner – Dating site Muddy Matches has been running a service called This Farmer Wants A Wife for single farmers across Ireland for the past year.
- Uizard Raises Funds for its AI that Turns Design Mockups into Source Code – Uizard’s computer vision and AI platform claims to be able to automatically turn design mockups — and this could be on the back of napkin — into source code that developers can use.