GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Tinder-like App Aims To Connect, Build Community Among Hong Kong Mothers – Mumz originally started as a Facebook page for a community of parents to share advice and set up social events or play dates.
- Creative New App “Convers8” Seeks to Forge Deeper Human Connections Through in-Person Conversations – The aim of the app is to start conversations and create meaningful human connections with other users nearby.
- Hily: Nice to See You Here – Hily is a mutual opt-in dating platform that has a multi-level protections to ensure the safety and privacy of users.
- Blockchain Healthcare App IFFY Helps Online Dating Users Verify Partner’s Health – Users can securely store their medical records on the platform, and grant access to STD test results via their social profiles.
- Shag: It’s Time For Gay 3.0 – The updated app encourages singles to consider potential matches from all walks of life with integrated video chat.
- ManyMe.com Provides Added Protection for Users of Dating Sites – The free service offers enhanced protection against data breaches, hackers and spam messages.
- Leading Transgender Dating Site Announces Quick Match – TransgenderDate members can now let another user know they’re interested by sending a notification with one click.
- There’s Now An App For Hooking Up In Airports – App in the Air tracks flight and airport information, as well as letting passengers on the same flight message one another.