GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Leftists look for dates through new dating service Red Yenta – This Twitter feed publishes short personal ads for leftists who want a partner with the same political views.
- A new dating app mashes up HQ Trivia with Tinder – Quiz Date Live has men competing to win a date with a woman by correctly answering questions about her.
- Tree dating app will have you yelling ‘timber’ – Timber matches users with different trees all around the world to raise awareness of tree care and safety procedures.
- Hey engaged couples: A Tinder-like app for weddings is here – Wedding Wallet helps couples easily budget and organise their wedding by matching them with vendors.
- Deep: Dig Deep & Date With Intention – Deep is the new smart relationship app from The Apprentice runner-up Vana Koutsomitis.
- Icebrkr: Time to take dating seriously – Dating coaches send compatible matches daily, offer advice on messages and pictures, and suggest quality first date locations.