GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Student creates ‘promposal’ website for peers to avoid ‘awkward situations’ while looking for dates – Beenasked helps students see who already has a date to their prom and includes discounts for party services from local businesses.
- docket: Virtual Shopping List – Users swipe left and right on various groceries depending on whether or not they need them to quickly make a detailed shopping list.
- Unite with the Love of Your Life in London with the Reliable Dating Site Perfect-Partner – Perfect-Partner uses in-app video calling to help singles in London, Manchester and other UK cities find the best match possible.
- Loveaholics: The New Best Dating Site is in Town – The simplistic interface and numerous chat rooms make it easy for users to form romantic or platonic relationships.
- LatinoLicious: A Dating Site for Latin Singles to Find Others with Similar Interests – LatinoLicious is a dating site that celebrates singles of Latin heritage but supports singles of any ethnic background who seek interracial love.
- DateWait: The Safest Dating App – Automatic notifications check in on users’ safety during their dates. If it gets ignored a first response team will call each dater for verbal feedback.