GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- CannaMatch: pot-inspired dating site – Following the legalisation of marijuana in Canada, CannaMatch looks to form romantic and platonic relationships between cannabis users.
- A New Dating App Where Women Browse Anonymously – For women, Pickable requires no photo, no name, no age, no description and they don’t even need to sign up.
- Eros: Play, Match, Meet Local Singles – Eros creates an augmented reality environment where users are represented by their BitMojis.
- Aste Takes a Proactive Role in Keeping Online Daters Safe by Vetting Potential Love Interests – The research team can create an extensive report on a match’s social media footprint, criminal record, and work history.
- ZimboMingle Is Zimbabwe’s Newest Dating Site To Meet Your Soulmate – New users are not able to navigate the site, send private messages or join any of the chatrooms until they’ve uploaded a profile picture.
- BANTER: Rewriting fairy tales for the digital dating era – Women control the interactions but men are able to send personalised voice messages to get her attention.
- Cove, A Members-Only Dating App For Those Looking To Disassociate From Hookup Culture – Cove advances the depth of conversation over the course of 10 days – from text to audio to video.
- Dating app Vibes aims to create a safe, authentic space for people to meet – Users record a short, pixelated video answering a question that their match has pre-selected as a conversation starter.
- FindNewPassion is an Elite & Discreet Dating Site Where Married Individuals Can Explore Their Options – This discreet dating site caters to people who desire a short-term or long-term affair in a safe environment.