GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- The HerpesHub Dating Site Offers Peace of Mind to Singles Who Have Tested Positive with STDs – HerpesHub has created a resource to help people struggling with sensitive health conditions continue to have a positive romantic life.
- A ‘halal’ app for dirty fantasies: How ‘Tinder for Muslims’ is also feeding fetishes far removed from its original intent – Minder is described as an app for “awesome Muslims to meet each other”.
- Find a Local F**kbuddy For Free – F**kSwipe is a website for women who go against gendered stereotypes and are interested in only pursuing casual sex.
- The Intro: No chat, no faff, just dates – A dating app for busy professionals doesn’t support in-app chat and instead makes matches immediately set up dates.
- JustSayHi: Browse video profiles and chat with people around you – The app also supports group chats to help people find new friendship circles.
- OJAI: Blind video dates with good people – AI matchmakers automatically set up video calls when two users are available at the same time.