GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Valentine’s at TreeHacks: ‘Most Technically Complex’ awarded to dating app for participants – The app was designed at a hackathon and works by digitally assigning users with other competitors.
- ‘Tinder for tourism’ platform expanding to help build workforce – ‘Go With Tourism’ connects employers with employees working in the tourism industry to attract people to the sector.
- #Asijole: The Dating App Trending In Mzansi – This dating app is for South Africans and everyone who loves the unique culture.
- Wandure is a Canadian Dating App That Saves Times by Turning Every Online Match Into a Real-Life Date – This app has streamlined the online dating process by suggesting personalised dates to matches.
- BiMeet, an Exclusive Dating App for Adventure Seeking Couples – BiMeet is a bisexual dating app aimed at adventure-seeking couples and individuals.
- New dating app Doggr is set to get tails wagging – Users are not shown photos of any matches in this app. Instead, they can only see photos of other daters’ dogs.