GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Kinder is an App that Helps Parents Agree on a Baby Name – The app lets parents swipe left and right on an enormous set of baby names, to try and find the perfect match.
- SuperTova.com: A Jewish Dating Site Vows to Remain Completely Free in a Competitive Market – SuperTova is a free dating site for Jewish singles, and has grown to include over 50,000 members in just a few years.
- Pink Lobster Dating, the Only Global Lesbian Matchmaking Company Run By Women for Women, Celebrates Its Growth – Pink Lobster Dating invites women who are lesbian, bisexual, fluid, transgender, or just curious to sign up and take advantage of its streamlined and personalised dating system.
- LGBTWho, a Newly Launched Dating App, Brings Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Folk Together – The app emphasises community and aims to bring people together to build important relationships that last a lifetime.
- KinkD, a Fetlife Alternative App for Kinky Dating, Has Just Relaunched its App – KinkD has relaunched with a host of new features, and now has more than 500,000 global members.
- TGPersonals.com: A Free & Welcoming Dating Site For Transgender Singles & Their Admirers – TGPersonals’ founder says he now runs the website as a hobby, after Google AdSense blocked the platform in 2012.
- Country Love with European Flair: FarmerDates.com Rapidly Gains Popularity on the Old Continent – FarmerDates has 10,000 users from Denmark, France and Hungary, and has a strong tendency towards a further growth.