GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Briton to unveil first ‘open’ social network in battle against big tech – Not-for-profit DFINITY will run on the hotly-anticipated Internet Computer and aims to break up the stranglehold imposed by big tech companies.
- This Dating App Lets Ppl Publicly Call Out Your Ghosting Ways & I’m In Trouble – Helium users place a label on each one of their matches to help others see what kind of person they are.
- Meet the B2B videoconferencing startup that’s gone crazy for online dating – Ahoi is a video dating app that now generates approximately 100,000 face-to-face calls every day.
- World’s first dating app for expats launches in Australia to connect British and Irish singletons overseas – Swanned has a ‘Hometown’ feature to help singles connect with people who are from the same area as them in the UK.
- The Dating App For Curvy People to Enjoy Dating and Find Love – WooPlus is celebrating its fifth anniversary by introducing more community features and richer profile layouts.