GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Spotted: Find People You’ve Crossed Paths With – The hyper-local app about making new connections with people based on real life interactions has just released a new TV advert in Italy.
- New Dating Site RunorStay.com Offers Free 1-Year Memberships – Members disclose their imperfections upfront and other users decide to either run or stay.
- OldStyleDating.co.uk is aimed at serious daters over 25 – The website is aimed at people who want to commit to a long term relationship and focuses on respect, manners and chivalry.
- BondApp Changes the Dating Game With Real-Time Location Services – Beta testing is about to begin on the app that connects people who are within 200 feet of each other.
- Forget Nerd Dating – This Dating Site Is for Star Wars Fans Only – ‘Find Your Forces’ has just launched and asks users a number of Star Wars-based question when they sign up.
- First Hispanic-Owned Dating Website Reaches 90 Countries – LatinConexiones.com is a dating site that targets Latino, Hispanic and Caribbean singles looking for a relationship that focuses on their culture.