GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Meetsy: Creating the next generation of face-to-face interactions – Users can virtually wave to people at the same venue as them to help create painless meetings at offline locations.
- Elate: Dating apps are crap. We made one that isn’t – The app only allows users to have three active chats at a time so they know when a conversation has come to an end.
- HOO: It’s easy to make friends – Focuses on forming connections for hookup, casual encounters, friends-with-benefits, no-strings-attached, and affair dating.
- PicMe: Let Pictures Tell Your Story! – A cross between Tinder and Snapchat, PicMe daters can only communicate through picture messages and memes.
- Palmu: I Like Your Real Face – Users must have a video date before meeting offline to learn more about each other’s personalities and remove any initial awkwardness.