FROM THE WEB: Grindr’s Joel Simkhai Talks Metrics, Revenue and Growth at SXSW


Last week, tech site The Next Web interviewed Grindr CEO & founder Joel Simkhai at SXSW.

The interview sees Martin Bryant ask about the story behind the app, their metrics, and organic growth strategy.

Simkhai says they currently have 1.7m daily active users in 192 countries, with guys sending 70m messages and exchanging 5m photos every day.

The CEO also talks about their ad strategy, which accounts for 30% of their revenue, and their premium service Grindr Extra, which accounts for the other 70%.

Listen to the interview below: