Happn has teamed up with new event discovery app REVL ahead of Valentine’s Day to create an exclusive playlist of last minute date ideas.
REVL is a new app for Android and iOS that helps people find events based on their hobbies, preferences and interests.
Having launched out of stealth mode in January, the London-based startup also recently disclosed it had raised an impressive £2.4m seed funding.
Aiming to help users find things to do – via tailored event recommendations and a personalised news feed – the app also allows brands to promote their offerings on the platform, and lets “bloggers, magazines and tastemakers” create their own curated PLAYlists.
REVL currently has over 600 brand partners, including The British Museum, The O2, The Roundhouse and Picturehouse Cinemas.
In addition to recommending events, the app also notifies users when tickets go on sale, offers suggestions for nearby events, and even tells users how to get to events thanks to partnerships with Citymapper and Uber.
And ahead of Valentine’s Day, REVL has now teamed up with dating app Happn, who have curated a special PLAYlist for the London events app.
Speaking about the partnership, Happn said: “Kicking off with Valentine’s Day, Happn and REVL have partnered to offer last-minute suggestions of the more elusive events the city has on offer, from silent Valentine’s Day parties to spicy gin cocktails and a talk with the producer behind Kate Bush and Pink Floyd.”
See the full list below, courtesy of Happn:
- Shhh Valentine’s Cacao Party, Farrs School of Dancing: Welcome to the Valentine’s Party where it’s all flirting, eye gazing, cacao drinking but no talking! Speed dating with a difference. http://shhhdating.com
- The Pleasure’s All Mine, Museum of Curiosities: Julie Peakmean, author of The Pleasure’s All Mine: A History of Perverse Sex promises to offer a fascinating and sometimes shocking look at the evolution of our views on sex. Perhaps not for a first date. http://www.thelasttuesdaysociety.org/
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Hoxton Pop-Up: Fancy an alternative Valentine’s Day tale. Enjoy a viewing of this classic, including popcorn and a hot cocktail to accompany the viewing experience. http://www.whereisthenomad.com/
- St. Valentine’s at the Gin Parlour, Mr Fogg’s Gin Parlour: With mixology experts on hand bringing you a selection of His and Hers gin cocktails, enjoy a romantic evening of poetry and canapés. https://mr-foggs.com/
- The B&H Building’s Valentine’s Champagne Tasting, Bourne & Hollingsworth Buildings: If you’re looking for something a little more luxurious, why not an evening of Champagne sampling? Including some delicious nibbles and a welcome cocktail. http://www.bourneandhollingsworth.com/
- Youth, SPIRITLAND: Legendary producer Youth, who worked with the likes of Kate Bush to Pink Floyd, U2 to The Verve, takes listeners on a journey through his cosmic record bag. http://spiritland.com/
- Valentine’s Night, Slim Jim’s Liquor Store: 2-4-1 cocktails right up until midnight and a special playlist for the night that’s in it to get you in the mood? What’s not to like? http://www.slimjimsliquorstore.com/
- The Naked and Famous, O2 Kentish Town: The aptly named indie pop group return from hiatus with their latest album, Simple Forms. http://thenakedandfamous.com/
- Junkyard Golf, The Old Truman Brewery: Navigating jacuzzis, slides, speed boats, wendy houses, cows and treadmills, test your skills across three 9-hole crazy golf courses. https://www.junkyardgolfclub.co.uk/
- Valentine’s Special, The Comedy Store: If you like a good sense of humour, perhaps challenging your date to a Lip Sync Battle could be in order? http://thecomedystore.co.uk/
Find out more about REVL here.