GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- LDS singles find love on Mutual dating app – The app currently has more than 150,000 users across the world, with the highest concentration of users found in Utah, Arizona, California and Idaho.
- Mum creates dating site to brings back ‘old style romance’ – A mum has turned Cupid and set up her own dating site, aimed at bringing back old traditions and romance for people on the search for love.
- ‘Tinder for Farmers’ dating app launches in the UK, helping singletons in rural areas find love – The app itself has a very similar design to Tinder – swiping right on a profile indicates that you like them, while swiping left gets rid of that profile.
- Marriage Miles: How a new Colombian app is hoping to spice up your relationship – A brand new app, launched on Valentine’s Day of this year, aims its arrow into a different niche, posing the question: what if you’ve already found your match.
- GospelLovers.com Aims to Facilitate Meeting Gospel-Loving Singles Nationwide – A large number of gospel fans are seen all over the web as they search for like-minded individuals sharing the same taste in music.