GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Woman starts Muslim-only dating camp to weed out casanovas – The Muslim-only dating camp programme was reportedly made viral on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
- Older Men Younger Women Dating Site AgelessHookUp.com Sees Spike in Sign-Ups – The site offers a “meeting place” where younger women can meet older men, and older men can meet younger women.
- Beijing District Launches Online Dating Service – Young people in China are accustomed to overbearing parents meddling in their love lives, but employees of a district government in Beijing says it’s seniors who need a hand with romance.
- This dating app only lets you match with one person at a time – With Ditto, you’re mutually exclusive with one match on the app until one of you unmatches.
- DateSorted.com is the ‘Ultimate Date Planner’ – The site provides busy men and women with a handpicked selection of the best places to go and the best things to do, on a date or with their partner, in London.
- Dutch Renters Can Swap Houses With Each Other Using A Dating App Interface – The platform functions similarly to a dating app, in that potential home swappers must mutually ‘like’ each other to match.
- Matchboard leads Small Business for Small Charities drive – Matchboard is a free online matching service which uses powerful matching algorithms to help companies find the right suppliers for their needs.
- Make Dating Great Again: “Trump.Dating” Online Dating Platform Officially Launches – A new full-service online dating site aimed specifically at draining the dating swamp by providing out-and-proud Trump supporters with a place to connect with like-minded people.