GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- L’Elite: The experience you’ve been waiting for… – This exclusive dating platform for London singles is launching this month and will host regular events to bring back an old-fashioned experience.
- Wingman: 21st Century Matchmaking – Users create a profile for their single friend, and swipe through potential matches to try and set them up on the perfect date.
- Perchance, a Miami-Based Dating App for Missed In-Person Connections Announces Expansion and Next Round of Funding – Perchance uses GPS technology to connect singles that were recently in the same area.
- Side Door, a so-called ‘Tinder for musicians,’ officially launches in North America – The virtual booking platform matches aspiring musicians to hosts who are able to accommodate and showcase talents in an intimate and welcoming venue.
- Date Check takes the angst out of online dating – The service background checks potential online partners before singles get romantically involved.
- Elite SNCTM private sex club releases dating app helping randy billionaires to meet orgy lovers in their area – A “virtual masquerade mask” allows elite-level members to remain anonymous until they choose to reveal their identity.
- Smell Dating Creates the World’s First “Mail Odour” Dating Service to Help Singles Sniff Out a Hot Date – Singles receive an unwashed t-shirt and decide whether or not to meet the person based on the smell.
- believr dating app is for gay Christians navigating a unique dating pool – This new app is for singles who find themselves too gay for the Christians and too Christian for LGBTQ+ circles.
- Chemistry-Dating.com introduces a brand new kind of online dating – Chemistry-Dating is a free dating site that encourages users to be curious and look deeper than purely physical connections.