GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Muzproposal: A Platform for Muslim marriages – This Muslim matchmaking app speeds up the connection process, allowing users to connect and match within 48 hours.
- Spottle: Meet People, Not Profiles – Singles spin a virtual bottle and have a 30-second video chat with whoever it lands on.
- New privacy app claims it can ‘fix’ social media’s privacy issues – Jumbo helps people manage the data they put on Facebook and Twitter, such as old posts and privacy settings.
- New Sexting System ‘Slutbot’ Is A Real-Life ‘Black Mirror’ Episode Waiting To Happen – Slutbot is a system that will engage users in sexual conversation via text to teach proper sexting etiquette.
- Utah dating experiment Thirty Day Bae is open for applications – Applicants apply online to be matched up with someone who will become their boyfriend or girlfriend for 30 days.
- How lonely fathers are connecting dad-to-dad – DadApp helps Dads make new connections with men who are a similar situation and share the same interests.