GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- New Muslim marriage app ‘Veil’ aimed at students and working professionals – It provides a site that allows users to browse and match with other members without considering initial appearance.
- eDiamond Offers First Cryptocurrency for Love and Commitment – eDiamond announced recently the launch and availability of its eDiamond product through a beta app.
- Spring Vacation Boost for AsianDate’s Smartphone Dating App as Singles Look to Stay Connected and Communicate on the Go – AsianDate, the online dating service with a large and active membership base, is expecting a higher number of downloads of its international dating app this spring.
- Written in the Stars: NUiT App hosts star-studded pre-amfAR Yacht Party in Cannes – The NUiT app founders have teamed up with amfAR to highlight their commitment to encouraging people to enjoy dating, without putting themselves at risk.
- PinkDate Offers a Decentralized, Inclusive, Anonymous Escort Dating Application – It completely redefines how the parties interact, and fights against sex trafficking because the verification process is strict.
- Woo the right person into your life with this women-friendly dating app – Woo steered away from the regular features and claims to go beyond pandering to the hook-up culture.
- Lexington graduate wins $25k at Columbus Startup week – His startup business idea that was first developed more than a decade ago on the final night of an expensive fishing trip with his three brothers, Lincoln Smith, Kevin Danni and Ben Morkel.
- Worcket: An App to Get a Job in the Tinder Style – It is an application that through Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning promises to optimize the job search process.