GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- New Toronto dating app kicks indecency and ghosting to the curb – Paird draws insights from behavioural science to create a future of dating that is honest, authentic, and decent.
- Honeypot: The world’s first micro-dating app – Users of the London-based app go on spontaneous dates with people nearby within minutes of matching for the first time.
- Atlanta’s High Museum Has Launched a ‘Dating App’ to Match Visitors With the Perfect Artwork – Heartmatch.org creates a map of the museum to help users find the pieces that they’ve swiped right on and want to see.
- Chinese Dating App Flies Men to Beijing for Blind Dates – OE Dating will fly men to the capital city for dates as part of the “Fly for Love” event to encourage more singles to get together.
- Cars.com’s Salesperson Connect: Dating Service For Car Shoppers – The website enables shoppers to choose the salesperson they want to do business with based on their reviews and personal information.
- This Austin Startup Wants to Make First Dates Feel More Meaningful – Swoovy sends couples on dates to do volunteering based on causes that they truly care about.