GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Snatchable: Video Dating Simplified – Users create video profiles to help them uniquely explain why they should be matched with.
- New Dating App, “2CanPlay,” Set to Launch in Nigeria – 2CanPlay is being launched in July and operates with the traditional swipe format, but users can also send private messages before they match.
- Ready to play matchmaker? Denver resident’s dating cards hit Kickstarter goal – ‘Match Me Cards’ are business cards containing all the important dating profile information which can be handed to compatible singles in person.
- Dobby: Find Your Soulmate – Users can choose their own virtual avatar and begin talking to other singles before they know what they look like
- Michi: Drive Your Love – The dating app for car enthusiasts has an AI feature that allows users to scan number plates to check if the owner is on the app.