Match Group has released dating advice for Spring Singles. Match released five key trends for singles to be aware of for finding love in modern dating.
Match Group’s advice is:
- Drop the expectation that people know what you want and need. 2022 is the year of expressing it. Nothing tanks a budding relationship faster than disappointment. If you want to go on a specific kind of date, tell them. If you want a certain level of communication, let them know. No more expecting psychic singles.
- Stop excusing bad behaviour. We tend to rationalise so much for the sake of attraction, but it’s time to clean house of people who don’t treat you right and are not looking to go in the same direction.
- Don’t go any further into Spring with an outdated profile. The world is changing daily! If you’re still talking about your sourdough skills and using old photos, daters are going to know that your profile is dated. Here are a few additional things to keep in mind: no more car selfies, no more mirror pics, and no more one word answered prompts. Instead, use keywords that will resonate with like-minded people and describe personality traits that showcase your authentic self.
- As always, your pictures speak 1,000 words. Try to update them once every couple months so that you are showing your best, most accurate self. Also, rotate out your conversation starter photo. Maybe the picture of you on the beach wasn’t as impactful as the picture of you skydiving. Creating an opportunity for someone to get curious about you can be a game changer in response rates.
- Last but not least, focus on emotional maturity. Match’s study found that more than anything – even over physical attraction – that emotional maturity is hot. Adult singles are looking for companionship and real connection. Reconsider swiping based on looks, and instead, focus on who they are as a person.