GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Zorric Sia and Emma Pineda Host The Date Podcast – Hosted by @its_emmap & @zorricsia The Date Podcast discusses dating apps, etiquette, and news.
- Toronto-based app “Amintro” aims to connect people age 50+ – A new Toronto based social networking app that connects people 50+ not specifically for dating but for everyday connections and friendships as well.
- Three Day Rule blends algorithms with matchmakers, expands to Seattle – Three Day Rule (TDR) expanded to its tenth city as the 5-year-old company aims to help singles meet their match.
- InMessage is the new app boosting dating in Nigeria – InMessage, which provides a private and trusted way to chat, date and hang out, has both local singles or people around the world on its platform.
- New gay dating app has ‘bank-level’ security for those afraid to be outed – The app was created by former Silicon Valley workers whose careers suffered because of their sexuality.