GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Alumna Develops Couples’ Dating App for ‘Life After the Swipe’ – Cobble is a decision-making app that helps couples decide where they should go for a date night.
- Senga dating app changes strategy, puts sex education at the forefront – The dating app gives users in East Africa accurate, complete, and unbiased information about sexual and reproductive health.
- Frolo app: a single mum wanted to find other single parents – so she made an app for it – Frolo is a new single parent community that combats loneliness by promoting friendship and support.
- Herpes-Positive Singles Can Find Love at HDatingSites.com – HDatingSites.com helps normalize herpes-positive dating for singles around the world as any feel like outsiders on other dating platforms.
- Looking is the web app that sheds light on toxic dating culture within the queer community – Looking features the familiar Grindr grid but each picture leads the viewer to the individual’s account of their experience with the app.
- Seeko.cc Launches as a New and Modern Dating Site – The new dating app also has a Success Stories section where members can share the relationships they found through the app.