GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- This new dating app LesPark is a dream come true for queer women – LesPark is an Asian LGBTQ dating app for women to find friends and romantic partners in a safe environment.
- TDer is the political equivalent of Tinder and it’s extremely amusing – The parody app lets users swipe on Irish politicians to find out what the public really thinks of them.
- Single mother who felt ‘isolated’ after giving birth launches ‘Tinder for new mums’ with £346K lottery grant – to help other lonely parents make friends – Buump Active helps new mothers make friends in similar situations and get back to their normal social lives.
- Charmed dating app, created in Missoula, charms its way into Techstars – Charmed is designed to help online daters easily share their matches with advice-worthy friends.
- Crush: Guys make the first move, ladies have the final choice – Users comment on each other’s photos to ‘like’ them and can only begin a conversation if both parties mutually agree.