GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Poppin: Know where to go on a date – The app suggests matches based on the ideal first date, and users pop bubbles instead of swiping if they want to find out more.
- New Free Online Dating Site Brings Able-Bodied and Disabled Singles Together – LoveAbility.org brings everyone together on a level playing field, whether they’re looking for a romantic relationship or a friendship.
- Petite Mates: Premier Petite Women Dating – A new dating platform for people whose ideal woman is petite in stature.
- Bonfire: The Dating App for Farmers & Country Singles – While young people tend to flock to the cities, Bonfire is dedicated to helping those who stayed true to their roots.
- WooPlus: Comfortable Plus Size Dating – WooPlus is a female-friendly community for curvy girls and has a girl-rate-boy system to crack down on undesirable male users.
- A New Dating App for Sober People – Sober lets people who have struggled with addiction in the past find romance, as well as supportive communities to help them through issues.
- African-American Woman Creates Online Dating Site, Reboundlovers.com – The platform offers a space for new singles to ease themselves back into the dating pool.