GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Looking for someone to play tennis with? New app aims to help – PlayCity works like a dating app and matches users based on their location, availability and what sport they want to play.
- Farmers Dating App Reveals Users are 70% Women – The rural dating app released the data about user demographics to encourage more singles to sign up.
- Forever Alone? Rent A Date With Singapore’s New Dating Service – ‘Maybe’ lets people rent for a variety of services, such as a romantic partner, a friend or even a whole family.
- New consent app wants to make dating safer – using blockchain technology – Consent Tracker verifies identities, keeps track of all conversations and helps new relations move at a pace that all parties are comfortable with.
- Purism: A Social Purpose Company Unveils Librem One™ to Protect the Privacy of Online Daters & Other Digital Consumers – This bundle of encrypted services helps daters socialise online without putting their personal data at risk.
- #open: An inclusive, sex-positive community where the curious come together! – Whether solo or partnered, #open allows you to self-identify, express your preferences and boundaries, and find others who are into whatever you are.