GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- HANG5: Real connections. Powered by the stars – This new astrology-based app is aiming to empower women in East Asia to have a more equal dating experience.
- Sugar Meet: An Uber style dating app – Based on popular ride-sharing platforms, Sugar Meet allows immediate chat requests to be sent to other online users to prevent ghosting.
- Vidate: Because you are much more fun in real life – A Dutch video-dating app consists of 20 second video profiles and in-app video calls to better display personalities.
- Beautiful People: Find Your Soulmate Fast and Easy – Beautiful People is giving away 12,000 free memberships in the run-up to Valentine’s Day.
- Log & Meet: Find Your Next Sugar – A new sugar dating platform is offering a new place to make money for people who have been financially impacted by the pandemic.